with school starting for lots of us, we may overwork ourselves or push ourselves too far. remember to take care of your body and mind: take breaks, step away from the assignment, go get a snack, or just take a day off if you feel like you can’t get through it. your health is what’s most important so put that before everything else, and stay safe and happy!
"In a post-modern city torn by street violence, sex is prohibited because of a deadly genetical virus. Men and women have grown apart, hating each other until two young rebels, disowned by their own gangs, are leading the fight to live their love freely."
In the crumbling inner city, sex kills. The urban landscape is split in two — men on one side, women on the other— opposing each other. COEVO seems to be the only hope: a government medical treatment developed to cure every single boy and girl except that those wearables haven’t produced the expected results yet…
Born among this lost generation of frustrated gangs, Kenzell and Lesya live each day as their last, defying anyone who stands in the way of their union. Like modern avatars of Romeo and Juliet, they will have to choose between love or their kind, Passion VS Reason, Deadly Eves VS Neo Blasterz… In their flamboyant relationship lies the premises of a revolution against the authorities, the vicious Mediators and their separatist laws. Rebels can change the world…
I’ve promoted quite a few Kickstarter’s on here and by far this is the one that excites me the most. More than anything the animation industry needs something like Urbance to come in and break down it’s walls; it’s fresh, diverse, incredibly crafted and I think, it’ll be absolutely ground breaking!
Head on over to the Urbance Kickstarter page and send them some love.
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ♡
why should everyone watch hunter x hunter?
- well developed, deeply intricate characters. the main characters and side characters are all beautifully studied and have depth and personality and no one character is like the next. there are no throwaways. everyone is important
- to add on to the first point: while all of the 4 main characters are male, togashi has an immense respect for his female characters and handles them beautifully and powerfully. no fanservice (unless you count hisoka, but he’s another story entirely). togashi has created wonderful, diverse, and unique characters, and unlike other shows, has stretched out these traits to his wonderful female cast as well!
- interesting, smart, well-paced plot. the story is divided into arcs and each arc has a different focus/angle. some arcs are very light-hearted and warm where others are darker and more violent. but no two arcs have the same “feel”. there is no other way to explain it, but each arc extracts a different emotion from you as you watch as it has a different message in mind. the plot is riddled with symbolism and depth and when you go back to older episodes you will always find something you didn’t catch before.
- unique storytelling. YOU NEVER KNOW WHERE TOGASHI WILL TAKE YOU until you’ve been taken there. he is a master of building up to a classic, traditional shonen idea and then simply turning it on its head and dissecting it from the bottom up.
- ACTION! oh my gosh the fights are amazing. well-choreographed and very intelligent and strategic. you never know who will win in a hunter x hunter fight. it isn’t about raw power. it’s about a balance between mind and ability and the million other variables of the moment. every single fight is memorable, simply because each one is unique and characters build new insights and abilities at an astounding, yet natural pace.
- ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL MUSIC/voice acting. this deserves its own section. but ask any hunter x hunter watcher and they will tell you how painfully gorgeous “hyori ittai — lamento” or “you were always the light” are, and how the OSTs do an amazing job at enhancing both happy and melancholy scenes. the voice actresses/actors are also extremely talented and embody their characters beautifully.
- beautiful animation, character design, everything. madhouse has a budget the size of a small country, i’d reckon. and damn does it show.
- a message anyone can take from. this isn’t always a feel-good, happy go lucky show. it illustrates very real themes — of trauma, loss, family, friends, want, ambition, greed, humanity, you name it. the main characters aren’t always the “heroes” in this one. they are people with flaws and you will sometimes see yourself in the screen staring back at you and you’ll think, well, damn. that could be me. this isn’t about who is the most powerful. there isn’t any classic shonen “you’re my friend, we can do anything with that power!”. friends hurt other friends in hunter x hunter. characters lose more than they win. when someone gains something, they pay for it. everything costs something. but this realistic take on characters and world building does not detract from the beauty of the hunter x hunter world. despite all of the suffering that is present in HXH, not unlike our own world, everyone still perseveres. and it’s really inspiring.
basically, watch HXH. WATCH IT RIGHT NOW AND LOVE IT WITH ME. ♡ ♡ ♡
"Say, How old are you?" #HunterXHunter #HxH
Nendoroid Halloween Miku! First on sale at Miku Expo this October in LA and NYC! For those in Osaka see her in person first at the Magical Mirai event!
Why does she have a candy cane???? Why? (~_~;)